Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hakone Birthday Weekend



The second weekend back in Japan saw me turn 26. To celebrate the occasion I went to Hakone to an onsen resort hotel for the weekend with Tomoko, Rika and Ayumi.
Being so cold up in the mountains we headed stright to the onsen.

With some time left before dinner we took advantage of the hotels karaoke rooms and the girls got to experience karaoke Kyla style a la Cameron Diaz, My Best Friends Wedding!

I got presented with a customized birthday dessert at dinner time!

The next day we went to a spa/novelty onsen. It was a huge facility with different baths - red wine, green tea, sake, coffee, chocolate! lots of restaurants and beauty treatment facilities.
After having a dip in the red wine and sake baths I had a head to toe ayurveda massage followed by a facial.
Such a relaxing weekend and perfect chance to recover after the last 5 weeks.

No comments: