Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Taneka in Japan....The Mountains...

Taneka's third week in Japan she stayed in Tokyo a few more days, ventured around the city, took some puri-kura and met up with some of my friends for dinner.
Sitting in Starbucks in Shibuya one evening after work I spotted Busy P at the crossing - I couldn't miss the opportunity to be a groupie so me and Tweek ran out to get a picture of him. I actually came over a bit star struck...!


After all the star gazing we headed to Ikebukuro to meet Kiren, Nick, Ai and Akira for dinner.
Akira was providing the entertainment by imitating Jonny Depp.This would be Tweeks last opportunity to have drinks out in Tokyo so we headed to one of Akira's local bars to meet up with his friends. He took us to a tiny Japanese bar where we had a private tatami room and were served the recommended beautifying drinks...it was only when we were shown the bottle that we realized that one of the drinks had a lizard stewing in the bottle (or a wizard as they said!). Tweek being veggie (nice excuse) I got to drink the lizard drink.
Everyone got nicely drunk that night and Akira ended up a little worse for wear.

Wanting to see more of Japan Taneka headed up to Nagano for 2 days to stay with a Japanese family. From the tales I have heard it sounded like she had a great expereince but the best has to be Mr. Tateyama playing his flute for about 20 minutes whilst Tweek sat smiling pretending to record him...and then being asked to sing 12 Days of Christmas for Mrs.Tateyama (which she refused)!
I followed Tweek up to Nagano at the weekend and we headed to Hakuba to Lady Diana hotel for a weekend of snowboarding before she jetted off to the sunny climes of Australia.
We had a great weekend with Ben and his friends from Iida both on and off the slopes.

Tweek and I both departed Japan on the same day, me heading back to UK for Christmas.
It was so sad to say goodbye after having 3 brilliant weekends and travels together.

No comments: