Saturday, July 21, 2007

Shimoda - My first PTS trip!


Tomoko confirming the plan!

PTS treated some of the staff to a trip to a beach in Iizu for a weekend. I headed down with Tomoko, Rika and Emi on the 3 and half hour train ride to Shimoda.
Tomoko had a plan of action all mapped out for us for the first day starting with lunch in a local Japanese style restaurant where we had fresh fish before taking a tour of the town.
Touring the town

We visited the temple and I got some good luck before setting off to Find Perry.
I got good luck this time....how about you girls?!
Perry is in all Japanese history books and was responsible for opening up Japan to the rest of the world - and this is where it all happened.
Perry left before they finished the cast

Dinner was a BBQ and open bar at one of the hotels....hold on....go back.....open bar?!
The famous jacuzzi....Frank enjoying his beer in style!
Yes trouble is brewing, you saw it coming! My first work event with the company and after an afternoon of drinking I joined a drinking game with the guys from my office at around 11pm....apparently I got home at 3am....soaking wet from getting in the jacuzzi and a little worse for wear (sorry Emi and Yuka!) but I payed heavily for it the next day!
I managed a swim in the sea before collapsing on the beach and then heading home on the long train journey that felt like 8 hours rather than the 3 and a half that I thought was long the day before!
But I had a great weekend and got to spend time with Tomoko and Rika - really lovely girls who work in my office...I just hope they don't think I'm a typical gaijin girl.....I'm not....honestly ;-)

1 comment:

Search said...

We might have a different opinion if we shared a room that night.... but we still love you :)